On Friday, 19 July 2013 at 13:38:12 UTC, Chad Joan wrote:
Imagine targeting one of the ubiquitous ARM targets like Android, and its gazillion variants. LLVM has an ARM target I'm pretty sure, but the Android community uses GCC as their compiler. This puts LLVM/LDC on Android into a "may or may not work" category (unless they've done it already while I wasn't looking).
A small correction, the Android NDK added clang/llvm support last November in revision 8c:

http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

gcc is still the default, but clang is an alternative option. I don't think ldc has been ported to use whatever llvm libraries the NDK is providing, but there is some official support for llvm on Android now.