On 8/1/2013 10:58 AM, John Colvin wrote:
I've to admit I don't understand that sentiment at all. It's just
bugzilla, one of the many bug tracking systems out there. You run into a
problem, you post a bug, describe the problem, show the code, show the
results, explain what you expected to see, etc., and the devs set tags
on it to indicate what kind of problem it is, give feedback, discuss the
issue with you, and then post an update when the problem has been
addressed. I don't see what's so unwieldy about it -- that's what you
basically have to do to resolve an issue!

Bugzilla is infinitely better than what we were doing before. After using bugzilla for years now, I don't really have any complaints about it. It does the job with a minimum of fuss.

I used to be put off by using bugzilla as it seemed complicated. Then I used it
once and found it ridiculously simple. (Although I still don't know whether P1
is more urgent than P5)

It also seems redundant with the critical/major/normal setting.