On 8/3/2013 12:00 PM, JS wrote:
What I really don't get it is why people think that just because they won't use
such a feature then it must be useless to everyone else.

You could provide supporting evidence by examining every use of switch in the dmd, phobos, and druntime source code, and see what percentage of those would benefit from your proposal.

Consider, for example, the scope guard statement in D. It is extremely useful - but it is an unusual form (doesn't exist in other languages) and programmers just don't think in those terms. Andrei & I constantly have to work at 'selling' the benefits of it. It still hasn't really caught on.