On Thursday, 8 August 2013 at 13:56:15 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Thursday, 8 August 2013 at 13:49:22 UTC, bearophile wrote:
In my opinion we should follow the formal JSON grammar.

This. Anyone who wants JavaScript behavior can use own third-party library bust standard library must behave according to published standards and specifications.

Exactly. Here's the official web page complete with nice graphics detailing the grammar: http://json.org/. I've read the JSON RFC before, but I can't remember what it says about whitespace within a basic value, but the graphics here make it very clear that whitespace does *not* belong inside a value.

The real question is, is this worth fixing before std.serialize makes it in? There will likely be other bugs once/if that's accepted. I tried extending std.json in the past with static reflection, but that didn't make it in for this very reason.