On 2013-08-14 11:17, Tove wrote:

I understand the need for Orange to be backwards compatible, but for
std.serialization, why isn't the old-style mixin simply removed in favor
of the UDA.

I don't know, it doesn't really hurt to be present. And for anyone using Orange they only need to change the imports to have it work with std.serialization.

Furthermore for "template NonSerialized(Fields...)" there is an example,
while for the new style "struct nonSerialized;" there isn't!

Good point, I'll add an example.

I find the newstyle both more intuitive and you also more dry not
duplicating the identifier: "int b; mixin NonSerialized!(b)"

@nonSerialized struct Foo
{
     int a;
     int b;