On 2013-08-14 11:15, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:

Well, std.xml needs to be replaced anyway, so it's probably not a good
limitation to have. It may take some work to replace it correctly though...

No, but should std.serialization be on hold until std.xml is replaced?

I'm mostly interested in reducing memory. If I'm (de)serializing a large
object or lots of objects, this could become an issue.

Related question: Have you looked at how much this relies on the GC?

I haven't done any measurements. It will use the GC to deserialize values that are normally heap allocated, that is: arrays, associative arrays, objects, strings and so on. In addition to that, a pointer to each deserialized value is stored in an associative array.

--
/Jacob Carlborg