On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 18:09:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 8/16/13 10:56 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 17:41:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
The converse risk is balkanization. We already have subgroups that are effectively dead, for which similar arguments were made in the past.

Problem with current subgroups is that they are created on topic basis, not to solve some specific problems. Such groups become useless once person who is the driving force behind the relevant project stops using
it. I'd probably favor deleting such obsolete groups (dtl, dwt,
debugger?) but it is a different topic.

Documentation group has clear target audience (newcomers with
questions/proposals about the spec + ones willing to contribute to
dlang.org) and very specific problem to solve (most non-trivial
documentation changes are impossible without prior discussion).

The argument is built from a mistaken angle. "Thinking of doing some work on docs in the future, let's create a group for docs!"

Things should happen organically, i.e. creating a specialized group should follow a need substantiated by increased volume of specialized discussion in the general group. At this point there is nothing in that vein.

Andrei

I understand were you are coming from. And, while I currently feel that it's a bit of a catch-22 situation, I think it is worth at least trying out your suggestion of marking document related threads with "[dox]".