On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 19:35:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
But TypeTuple and the built-in ones _aren't_ different. TypeTuple is an alias for the built-in ones that's required because of the lack of syntax for
declaring them on their own.

That is intention but not implementation. There some cases where you can simply enumerate stuff via comma but can't use TypeTuple. There are cases where you can use TypeTuple but can't express the same thing with any built-in syntax. Recent discoveries on topic in bugzilla and digitalmars.learn have really frustrated me and I have considered myself somewhat experienced D user.

Adding a syntax for TypeTuple, making TypeTuple redundant would be great, but Bearophile seems to be arguing that having some sort of tuple syntax would
make it so that we don't need TypeTuple and Tuple..

Does he? I missed that from his comments. bearophile, is that true? :)

std.typecons.Tuple should be left untouched, of course, because it serves important goal - constructing a type (as module name suggests), something that can be used in ABI realm. It can make use of better integration with built-in tuples but it is a distinct topic.