Am 01.09.2013 15:55, schrieb Manu:

Mago is only Win32, and DMD is only Win64... I've tried encouraging the
Mago guy to support Win64, but it doesn't seem to be a highly active
project recently. I think this is another case of a 1-man project that
represents a fairly critical part of the ecosystem.

You may be pleased to hear the mago is currently getting 64-bit and pdb support. Its activly beeing worked on, check the svn repository on dsource.org.

Sometimes...
Have you worked with it on a daily basis? It just doesn't work all the
time. Also, in my experience the auto-complete suggestions are often
either incomplete, or list heaps of completely unrelated stuff.
I'm not saying it's bad, it's better than nothing and I really
appreciate the project (I've said before, if it weren't for Rainer's
effort, I simply wouldn't use D), but it certainly needs more work,
especially if I'm going to have any traction selling it to others with
no vested interest in the language.

I'm not talking about the auto-complete. I talk about the class view. It only works on the .json output of the compiler. If you regularly recompile (which is not an issue with D because it's basically free) you have a nice and clean overview of all your modules, classes and structs. And you can even search that class view to find stuff. It also helps somewhat with auto-completion and "goto definition". Yes I use it on a daily basis, and yes I know that it's not perfect. You should also go into Options -> Text Editors -> D -> Intelli Sense and play around with the options there to see what works best for you.

But this project approached it from a different angle, ie, a total
replacement for C++ which does have a rich toolset available. I want to
use D in this context in the future, and if that were the commitment we
were considering at Remedy, there's no way we would have gone for it.

Yeah I gave a talk about D at Havok recently too and basically got the same response. D simply doesn't have enough tools / momentum to be a option. I use D as a C++ replacement though, and going back to C++ annoys me more and more every day. Better tools are nice, but I'm really missing some features D has when coding C++.