On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 16:16:48 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 15:06:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 10:11:28AM +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-09-01 19:54, Walter Bright wrote:
>On 9/1/2013 2:50 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>>Considering DMD never deallocate anything, expect to >>restart your
>>IDE every hour or so.
>
>DMD deallocates everything when its process ends. This >should have >zero effect on the IDE. If you need to restart the IDE every >hour, it
>is not because of DMD.

That was in reply to if DMD was built as a library and included in the
IDE. Then there wouldn't be a process to end.
[...]

        module libDmd;
        auto parseDCode(string code) {
                pid_t pid;
                if ((pid=fork())==0) {
                        dmdMain(...);
                        exit(0);
                } else {
                        auto status = waitpid(pid);
                        return getReturnValue(...);
                }
                throw Exception("fork error");
        }

Though, granted, this may cause unacceptable performance hits. :-P

dude, libd is conceived in with that in mind, and I'm craving for help. I'm putting quite a lot of effort into it, but D is big, and any help would be welcome.

I've never heard of libd? Is it the library-fication of SDC? I assume this is it? https://github.com/deadalnix/libd