On 9/2/2013 7:15 AM, Manu wrote:
On 2 September 2013 23:50, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com
<mailto:andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 9/2/13, Manu <turkey...@gmail.com <mailto:turkey...@gmail.com>> wrote:
     > But I still barely see this as an inconvenience when compared to not
being
     > able to read a class definition.

    How about not being able to read the include paths in VS? I'm talking
    about this:

    http://i.stack.imgur.com/0cTZG.png

    You can view 2 lines at a time. After almost 20 years they still
    haven't fixed this. Where is their core dev team that should make the
    IDE experience great?

Classic.

It is classic. Scott Meyers did a presentation on that, calling it the "keyhole" interface, because it shows the view as if you looked at the data through a keyhole.

Sometimes I defeat the keyhole by doing a "select all" in it, and then pasting it into notepad. I do the reverse, too: if the text entry box is only an inch square (some companies do this), I'll compose the message in notepad then cut&paste it into the keyhole.