On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 18:54:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 18:31:11 Brad Anderson wrote:
Once dub is a bit more mature I think it too should be added to
the installer.

I would expect that to only happen if it became the official package manager, which AFAIK hasn't even been discussed recently let alone actually happened. But its usage is on the rise, and I could definitely see it becoming the official
package manager at some point.

Maybe the time has come to discuss that. Should we make dub the official package manager for D?

Andrei

I asked Sönke about this back when dub was called VPM (so a lot of the answer is out of date now). His reply:

http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.vibed/post/79

It'd be nice if he could update with what he thinks is left before it'd be ready to be the official package manager. I've hit a bug here or there in my own usage of dub but overall I find it to be very good (and Sönke usually fixes things I've hit in less than a day). There is a potential package format switch to Simple Declarative Language that should probably come before dub is official and some general final polishing but overall it feels really close to being ready to me.