On 15/09/13 13:32, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
It's not an improvement at all. Ctrl+F doesn't work with this (like
you mentioned), and the items list is not even sorted
alphabetically(!), so now we have to hunt down a symbol before we can
jump to it. Also, what used to be just one step (click), now becomes
more (click, scroll, click).

Agree, being able to use Ctrl+F is crucial.  Anything that kills that is a
problem.

The categorical table at the top of
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm.html is what I prefer the most,
we could implemented this on other pages.

I seem to recall that table having some issues, e.g. stuff that appeared in the table but no longer appeared elsewhere in the docs, because it had been deprecated. Was that because it's hand-written rather than autogenerated?

In any case, it's a nice design -- the combination of the category/functions summary table at the top, and the cheat sheet further down, gives a very good overview of the module.

If that sort of category table and cheat sheet could be automatically and statically generated as part of the docs build process, it would be great. It's definitely preferable to avoid JavaScript as much as possible, not just because some people prefer to disable it but also because if the Ddoc build process can create smart module summaries in this way, it means that everyone using Ddoc can use that for their projects.