On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 at 06:57:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-09-17 07:32, Manu wrote:

I closed about half my open tabs after my last email (~50 left open).
Down to 93mb. You must all use some heavy plugins or something.
My current solution has 10 projects, one is an entire game engine with over 500 source files, hundreds of thousands of LOC. Intellisense info
for all of it... dunno what to tell you.
Eclipse uses more than 4 times that much memory idling with no project
open at all...

VS is light years better than MonoDevelop. MD is only good where VS is
not available ;)

My task manager:
http://i.imgur.com/crbUrH1.png

Are we talking virtual or physical memory? Can the operating system affect, Windows 7 vs 8, for example?

That will be the working set for the process, both virtual and physical, private and shared memory.