On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 at 12:10:11 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Any two different alias parameter values mean different template instances. Static introspection demands it:

```
auto foo(alias T)()
{
    static if (is(typeof(T) : int) && (T == 42))
        return true;
    else
        return false;
}
```

Yes, that's what I was saying (or trying? thanks anyway). The problem is that I can't get that and implicit instantiation at the same time.

I mean, if void foo(T)(T x) makes T=int when called with foo(42), I was hoping that maybe void foo(alias V)(int V) would make V=42. But no. Well, it was a long shot, but it was worth the try.