On Thursday, 19 September 2013 at 13:55:34 UTC, Olivier Pisano wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 23:53:35 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

Java itelf is a very basic language to allow this to be possible. But the library implementation denies this, and I don't see native support
beyond JNI.

Native Java won't be a problem for D if they keep JNI for talking to the system. I wish I never had to work with JNI in multithreaded environment. All the type information goes away and their global reference system is impossible to use with RAII correctly.

D's ability of using a C function just by declaring it and linking with C code is a bless.

That I fully agree.