On Thursday, 19 September 2013 at 14:28:04 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Thursday, 19 September 2013 at 13:05:17 UTC, PauloPinto wrote:
Wrong. The Java AOT compilers that target embedded systems produce static binaries.

I don't think that address anything. As long as you CAN dynamically load override, then you can't optimize AOT, and if you can't then, it isn't java, but some kind of java like dialect that is amputed of some of its capabilities.

Just to provide a bit more of detail what I am talking about, here you can read about how AOT works in Websphere Realtime VM case.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-rtj5/index.html

--
Paulo