From what I've seen so far, in those cases I prefer to use explicit foreach iteration in D instead of explicit recursion in Haskell.

Two other things to notice is that Haskell code seems to use too many different tiny functions and higher order functions, so it's hard for me to remember them all. The Haskell code starts to look like APL code. So using HOFs is useful, but beyond a certain number of them I prefer "raw coding".

Another thing to notice is that Haskell user defined operators sometimes hurt my ability to read code. This is composed with the precedent problem.

Bye,
bearophile