On 2013-09-21 23:12, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I'm ambivalent because the matter is fuzzy. It is factually true that
new releases will break code. On the other hand, that is the case with
most compiler releases even for mature languages (at Facebook upgrading
across minor gcc releases _always_ entails significant disruption). On
the third hand (sic), there are companies and projects using D in the
real world so stating that is unstable would do little else than either
shoo people away for no good reason.

Some of these companies still use D1.

About the code breakage. I think it's still an issue that bugfixes and language changes occur in the same release. No notation of major, minor and patch releases.

--
/Jacob Carlborg