On Monday, 23 September 2013 at 17:16:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
The singleton allocator "it" is instrumental for supporting stateful and stateless allocators with ease. It took me a few iterations to get to that, and I'm very pleased with the results. I think it would be difficult to improve on it without making other parts more difficult.

The allocator can use a singleton internally without using "it". I'm unclear what is the problem solved.

What you call safe really isn't. Allocate something on the GC, store a pointer on a custom allocated location, collect, enjoy the memory
corruption.

I don't understand this. There are no pointers at this level, only untyped memory. The main chance of corruption is to access something after it's been freed.

If there are no pointers at this level, then the collect method do not make any sense.

Allocation can only be safe if the GRAND MASTER GC is aware of it.

I don't think so.

When GRAND MASTER GC unhappy, he free live objects.