On Tuesday, 24 September 2013 at 23:17:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/24/2013 2:56 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
It seems nobody comments on almost anything DMC-related anyway. Isn't this the DMC newsgroup: http://forum.dlang.org/group/c++ ? If it is,
there's hardly a single post per month..

You overlook that it's a very old compiler - 30 years. In its day it had maybe 100,000 users.

People do still use it today, to compile dmd for Win32 for example, and nobody has yet

     EVER

commented on that feature, unless I prompted them, when

I have pointed it out many times over the decades, and the response is always:

    SO WHAT

    WHO CARES

etc. So please forgive my grumpiness about if clang implements it, suddenly it's the greatest, most useful feature ever.

It doesn't seem that surprising to me. If you want a compiler that is fast, you use DMC, if you want a compiler that will do coffee, you use GCC or clang recently.

I do think the user base you judge on is biased.