On Wednesday, 2 October 2013 at 17:30:08 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Actually, now that this topic has risen up again, I tend to agree with it. Such comment system is very difficult to control to provide good user experience. Its anarchic nature may fit well chaotic design of PHP (lack of one to be precise :P) but D really requires more systematic explanations.

I don't agree - I often find comments in the PHP documentation helpful, both for clarifying things and for useful snippets.

As for moderation, disqus has a voting system, and displays most voted comments on top by default, which is IMO good enough.