On 10/03/2013 03:37 PM, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 18:46:02 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
On 10/03/2013 01:20 PM, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 00:37:39 UTC, Alan wrote:

I just put the package in the dependencies and import it in my code
then it does that, haven't even used any functions yet. (When building
of course)

Now that code.dlang.org is reachable again I was able to reproduce your
error with a "dub init" project that had llvm-d added to the
dependencies.

Interestingly enough, building llvm-d into a static library and linking
a default app.d against that works, yet using the same modules in the
same order and compiling them with that same app.d directly into an
application triggers the issue you encountered.

Quite frankly, I do not know why that is, because going over the
relevant source files has not lead me to any incorrect code, which
leaves me with only two possible explanations:

1) I've unknowningly done something in my code that isn't actually
allowed and that for some reason gets ignored when compiling as a
libarary.
2) A compiler bug that happens when trying to compile multiple modules
at the same time.

I do not know which one it is, but it may be time to ask one of the
compiler devs about it, as it is possible you may indeed have found a
compiler bug - and if it is not a bug they may be able to tell us what I
(in that case) did wrong.

Don't you dare fix this when I'm almost done with my (shitty) llvm-ir
code generator.  I will be sad.

Why would you need to create a llvm-ir code generator? You can use
llvm-d the way it's described in the repo, at least. Or deimos-llvm.

had issues with 'em. Decided it would be easier to write my own than to figure out my problems. shrugs. It's a learning excercise.

I was mostly joking.  =P