On 10/9/2013 7:30 AM, Manu wrote:
ARC. I've been here years now, and I see absolutely no evidence that the GC is
ever going to improve. I can trust ARC, it's predictable, I can control it.
Also, proper support for avoiding the GC without severe inconvenience as
constantly keeps coming up. But I don't think there's any debate on that one.
Everyone seems to agree.

I think we can get pretty close to ARC by using RefCounted, but you've indicated you disagree.

(Note that ObjC does not have a template system, and so using a library system was not possible for ObjC.)