Am 14.10.2013 09:09, schrieb Walter Bright:
On 10/13/2013 11:29 PM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
I just upgraded from dmd 2.062 to dmd 2.063.2 and I see that the code dmd
2.063.2 generates in debug mode is significantly slower then the code
generated
by dmd 2.062. Have there been changes to the debug mode that affect
execution
speed? Like additional debug checks?

Not aware of any such changes.

I actually found it. I havily use core.sys.windows.stacktrace in my code and I did make some modifications on my druntime branch which I accidentially reverted when merging in druntime 2.063.2 These changes make stacktracing on windows faster by a factor of 10. Thats why I see such a performance impact with dmd 2.063

I'm currently preparing a pull request for this but I ran into an issue. When compiling the latest druntime with the latest dmd for windows 32-bit I get the following error message:

lib\druntime.lib: Error: corrupt object module

On windows 64-bit everything works fine. Any ideas why this happens?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut