Tim Matthews wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Existing actual or perceived inconsistencies are not an argument for adding more of them.

Seriously?

a) It is not arguably better and more suggestive than the syntax in place.

I can't guarantee that it's better but I do think an argument can prove a result. Thats what arguments for.

b) "(1,3)" already means two things, neither of which has anything to do

Could you kindly state those?

(1, 2) is an expression and the argument list for a function. Neither suggests in the least that it's supposed to mean a sequence of case labels.

I can see that just having "(1,3)" preceded with the "case" keyword makes most other meanings impossible.

Prepare to be surprised. Compile this:

void main()
{
    switch (2)