On 10/18/2013 09:58 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
To me, these are just implementation details. Conceptually speaking, D
arrays are actually slices, so that gives them reference semantics.
Being slices, they refer to zero or more elements, so either their
length is zero, or not. There is no concept of nullity here. That only
comes because we chose to implement slices as pointer + length, so
implementation-wise we can distinguish between a null .ptr and a
non-null .ptr. But from the conceptual POV, if we consider slices as a
whole, they are just a sequence of zero or more elements. Null has no
meaning here.

int[] a = null; // <- :(