On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:09:35 +0100, Blake Anderton <rbander...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree a null value and empty array are separate concepts, but from my very anecdotal/non rigorous point of view I really appreciate D's ability to treat them as equivalent.

My day job mostly involves C# and array code almost always follows the pattern if(arr == null || arr.Length == 0) ...

Interesting. My day job is C# and I almost never do that. I check for null and treat empty as any other string value. The /only/ time I have to check for empty is when I have interfaced with 3rd party code which has decided to conflate empty and null to mean the same thing.

Regan