On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:39:51 +0200, Dicebot wrote:

> As `std.logger` is still marked as "work in progress" this thread is
> less formal that typical pre-voting review. Goal is to provide as much
> input about desirable `std.logger` functionality and current state and
> let module author to use this information for preparing proposal for
> actual review / voting.
>
> Lets unleash the forces of constructive destruction.
>
> ===== Meta =====
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1500/files Docs:
> http://burner.github.io/phobos/phobos-prerelease/std_logger.html
>
> First announcement / discussion thread :
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.313.1377180809.1719.digitalmars-
d...@puremagic.com

std.logger is a good start, but I must admit I do not like the way it is
architectured. I use Java's Logging and Log4J for years so naturally I
compare std.logger with these two frameworks (that are heavily used in
production).

std.logger is a bad name, IMHO - it should be std.logging as there will
be many Logger implementations there I presume...