On Sunday, 27 October 2013 at 10:45:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
AlignedMallocator that uses the _aligned_* family on Windows and the respective functions on Posix. On Windows, allocate() requests would pass a default of platformSize (i.e. 16 I suspect) to _aligned_malloc.

Just implemented AlignedMallocator and pushed.

http://erdani.com/d/phobos-prerelease/std_allocator.html#.AlignedMallocator
The constraints on the alignment parameter are neither documented nor checked.

i.e. Alignment must be a power of two, and for posix_memalign it must additionally be greater than sizeof(void*).

I can only think of one use case for needing runtime specified alignment: allocating operating system page sized chunks.
Are there any other use cases?