On Monday, 28 October 2013 at 18:01:14 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
That sounds a bit implausible. New language keyword or something to load a library or object file. My best guess is that extern(C) dlopen() will just work correctly, failing that I'd think we need an equivalent Phobos call.

1) it is not new, it is the old one that needs fixing : http://dlang.org/attribute.html#ProtectionAttribute

2) it work just fine in Linux (dlopen) because all symbols are exported there by default. Proper symbol visibility definition is still needed for any cross-platform implementation (and for some optimization potential).

Right now on Linux naive dlopen + calling Phobos stdio function from shared lib works on 2.064beta so you can be calm about that part.