On Monday, 28 October 2013 at 20:44:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
That sounds a bit implausible. New language keyword or something to load a library or object file. My best guess is that extern(C) dlopen() will just work correctly, failing that I'd think we need an equivalent Phobos
call.

It's not completely done yet but I think core.runtime.Runtime.loadLibrary will be the function used to load libraries. See: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/617

In the current implementation, just loading a library using the C functions would indeed work, as the D runtime registration/initialization happens in a C .ctor. The actual implementation in druntime is a bit more complex, mainly to handle thread synchronization.

David