On 28/10/13 22:07, David Nadlinger wrote:
Have you looked at the quality of error messages in Clang or its explicitly
designed tooling/IDE integration API?

Yea, the quality of error messages with Clang is spectacular. I still remember the first time I tried using it -- just on a whim -- and was shocked that code that compiled cleanly with GCC generated pages and pages of errors and warnings. But once I'd got past the shock and actually read them, I realized that they were actually telling me very explicitly what to do to fix the problem, and that they were resolving unnecessary ambiguities in my source code.

But to be fair, we were talking about the backend, not the C/C++ compiler
frontend.