On 28/10/13 18:48, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 From what I've heard and read (mostly from WWDC videos) Apple doesn't feel they
can technically do what they want with a compiler with GCC.

I guess they technically can but it's too much work with the GCC code base.

It certainly seems to be true that LLVM is moving faster innovation-wise. I don't know how much of that is down to any architectural advantages, how much might be because they support less targets and so have a lower maintenance burden, and how much of it is just the scale of resources being put into it.