On Wednesday, 30 October 2013 at 00:16:10 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On 29/10/13 23:20, Chris wrote:
Good man yourself! I still can't get my head around the fact that companies fail to provide safety switches that either hand over the control (to humans) or at least disable the software based components completely by switching the machine
off.

All too often, the reason why management decides to use software to perform tasks is because they don't trust their employees to do anything.

It's a mystery to me why they don't start by finding employees they _do_ trust ... :-)

These are expensive, and you got to treat them well!