On Wednesday, 30 October 2013 at 18:35:44 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 11:12 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
[…]
Much effort in cockpit design goes into trying to figure out what the pilot would do "intuitively" and ensuring that that is the right thing to do.

I've no experience with cockpit design, but I am aware of all the HCI
work that went into air traffic control in the 1980s and 1990s,
especially realizing the safety protocols which are socio-political systems as much as computer realized things. This sort of safety work is as much about the context and the human actors as much as the computer
and software.

Of course, we try to do that with programming language design, too, with varying degrees of success.
[…]

Has any programming language ever had psychology of programming folk involved from the outset rather than after the fact as a "patch up"
activity?

Ruby, they say. Even if it's only one programmer they based it on. :-)