On 2013-11-11 11:11, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

For errors I was thinking a new pragma.
pragma(error, "You did x wrong");
This would fire an error and display the text given. Returning error
code as expected. It is after all in the same league as msg.
It would also remove our current static asserts in our code.
So other words it could be replicated by:

pragma(msg, "You did x wrong");
static assert(0);

Just without the whole failed assert message.

I like the context parameter better. I'm imagine the context parameter containing a lot of information and functionality to interact with the compiler. A pragma seems not be general enough.

Although what I was showing was the idea of overloading of macros like
we have in templates.

Ok, I see.

--
/Jacob Carlborg