On Monday, 11 November 2013 at 05:21:22 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
Does anyone have an idea how to go about GDC, especially once
the D front-end is integrated? Since GCC installations are
configured with gcc-config, there is a conflict for "eselect
dlang". To clarify, gcc-config copies the executables from

/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/<version>/*
/usr/bin/*

I guess I should just stick to DMD and LDC for it then?
By the way "dc" is already the name of an arbitrary precision
expression evaluator and cannot be used for a symlink to the D
compiler of choice. :p

On this point, it may be time to get on Freenode and hit up #gentoo-dev-help and see what they say. Off the top of my head, EAPI 2 introduced USE deps, so you may be able to get away with specifying sys-devel/gcc[d] as fulfilling your virtual.

As far as eselect goes, I would use that only for fixing up the environment and the paths in sc.ini (and the primary compiler symlink, if you choose to go that route). I'm not familiar with the guts of it, but from what I've been told, an eselect module for gcc has been tried several times, but has always met unfortunate circumstances.

-Wyatt