On Sunday, 10 November 2013 at 16:49:18 UTC, Tyro[17] wrote:
This happened on OpenBSD, FreeBSD and DragonFlyBSD. I am running the 64bit version of all these operating systems. Which actually might be the problem now that I think about it. Does DMD even support the 64bit version of Free/OpenBSD?

Oh, I should mention also, that there isn't general BSD support in D. Try grepping for freebsd in the source. I just tried it on the source in the 2.063.2 zip file and I got 510 hits for freebsd, 181 hits for openbsd, and 2 hits for dragonfly. By comparison, I got 685 hits for linux. That should give you a crude but reasonable idea of how well-supported each OS is. As for 64-bit, I believe it should work on FreeBSD, but likely isn't well-tested.