On Monday, 11 November 2013 at 08:11:06 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
On Friday, 19 July 2013 at 13:38:12 UTC, Chad Joan wrote:
I think a C backend would get us farther than an LLVM backend.

Hi,

LLVM has a C++ backend in the git tree. The old C backend is still maintained outside the git tree (search the dev mailing list for an url).

So if you like C-output, you can start with LDC today. For sure, you have to port druntime to this new environemnt...

Regards,
Kai

Is there any built-in support for using this C++ backend in LDC right now? Something like "ldc --target=c++ main.d -o main.cpp"?

This seems very promising.

I would still want to write xdc for other reasons, but I have more immediate use for a D compiler that can output C/C++ code. If it works, I would probably down-prioritize C/C++ output in xdc and instead retarget on something more needed (like Java bytecode or Javascript).