Am 13.11.2013 08:31, schrieb Rainer Schuetze:

- The DIP should state what happens to template instances. Assuming the
definition is marked "export", I guess instances will be dllexport if
they are compiled together with the module that contains the definition.
What will happen if it is instantiated, but the defining module is
merely imported?

Rainer

That is a very good point I also thought about. But because I'm not familiar with how exactly template instanciation works I can't really provide a solution for that.

Does Walters recent template instanciation optimization also take into account template instaces of templates that are defined outside of the module that contains the template definition? I think the behaviour of exported template should mainly satisfy the needs of this optimization.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut