Am 15.11.2013 00:38, schrieb Rainer Schuetze:

Maybe. Another rule might be that only the declarations actually
annotated with "export" gets exported with the instantiation, so you
could add "export" to the whole class or only some declaraations.

I don't think this is a good idea. It should be possible to put "export:" on top of a file and just export everything. If you limit it to decelerations the following would work:

export __gshared int g_var;

but the following wouldn't:

export __gshared int g_var = 0;

Although it would really produce equivalent code.

compiling c and d as single files will silently generate different code,
because when compiling d, the export alias is never seen.

(this cannot happen with standard variables, only when declared multiple
times, but differently, with extern(C/C++/System)).

And do you already have a idea how we could work around this problem?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut