On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 08:39:06 UTC, logicchains wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 07:55:59 UTC, Froglegs wrote:

If you were working in an Enterprise (TM) with coworkers who were potentially competence-challenged, would you want them having access to the power of D's compile time code generation? Would you like to read and debug code that randomly intermingled D's different function call methods; having to determine whether foo.bar represents calling the bar method of foo, calling the function bar with foo as an argument, or accessing the field bar on object foo?

Unfortunately, yes, you did hit a nail here. I don't really like this way of "calling" functions. If they were only properties, OK, but for general functions...

I dunno if it is implemented, but I recall Walter beign quite supportive of accepting that:

foo.bar;

is a function call...

A lot of confusion stems from the fact that properties are seen more like functions than variables (in the D community). I feel it should be the other way around.

Or, simply, get rid of properties completely until better ideas come.