On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 00:37:38 UTC, Tyro[17] wrote:
Greetings,

I have accepted the responsibility of preparing the builds for DMD and would like to engage in conversation about the way ahead.
[...]
At four-week intervals we make a new beta release. There will be no separate release candidate, but if a serious problem is discovered we may do the next beta ahead of schedule or make a point release. There will be about five or six releases in that series.
[...]
Beta release (2.065beta1)
Created monthly from master, except for those months in which we create a major release. Stable and suitable for users who want the latest code and can live with changes from month to month.

Your thoughts and concerns please.

First congratulations! Appreciate your work on this.

For me, I do not really have the time to keep a local build up-to-date to get the latest changes on head. So I would really appreciate having a regular binary release that would give me the latest changes. Being able to schedule in and rely on the proposed monthly beta release would be a big help. Definitely +1 to that part of the proposal. If a daily snapshot could be created reliably then that might work. As long as I can get a regular binary to install.

Thanks

Joseph