I have no idea what everyone is getting worked up about. My understanding of the plan is that there are biannual major releases, with bug fix releases in-between, for those people/companies who need stability/dependability.

In addition to that we have monthly 'beta' releases for those who want the latest and greatest but know that a few things may get changed around between the releases that break code and that there are likely to be more bugs.

So all the passionate D devs here get their monthly releases, and the people who want maximum stability get a biannual, LTS release along with some bug fix releases.