On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 20:25:01 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 06:47:39 UTC, Joakim wrote:
The recent switch to clang on 10.9 as the reason seemed to make sense, as I've run into a similar issue with clang before. But after googling a little bit and looking at the error, maybe the problem is a new linker in OS X 10.9? Assuming we've always been passing --export-dynamic to the linker, I don't see why it would start failing now, unless the GNU ld from binutils has been swapped out.

Yes I was able to revert GCC to actually be GCC, but ld is still the apple thing.

I took a look at the source for their linker and it doesn't appear to have changed in 10.9 after all, assuming I'm looking in the right place: ;)

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/cctools/cctools-845/ld/

It looks like the problem was that he was using the install target on OS X, where it isn't supported.