Sumit,

On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 19:09 +0530, Sumit Adhikari wrote:
> Dear Russel,
>
> Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
>
> I do not make rules, I follow them. I know my reviewers very well, so
> better I be critical on what I put in.
>
> Regards, Sumit

You are right to be cautious, though I wouldn't want you to "over think"
the problem and/or make too rigid assumptions about reviewers' opinions.

I am assuming then the core problem is "peer reviewed papers in academic
journals and conferences" rather than URLs. I would suggest that you can
still cite material about D even though it is not in peer reviewed
academic journals and conferences, but make it clear that it is not
"peer reviewed" in the academic sense. The point here is to make clear
in your work the nature of the reference being cited, show that you are
using the data in a properly academic way. A corollary here is that you
don't use "opinion pieces", just works that present data pertinent to
your work.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net