On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 12:46:38 UTC, bearophile wrote:
D+Phobos seem to fail most things (it produces BAFFLE):

I still think we're doing pretty good.

At least, we *handle* unicode at all (looking at you C++). And we handle *true* unicode, not BMP style UCS (looking at you Java/C#), with the options of storing said strings in any encoding: UTF8 through UTF32, and the possibility to also have ASCII.

We don't yet totally handle things like diacritics or ligatures, but we are getting there.

As a whole, I find that D is incredibly "unicode correct enough" out of the box, and with no extra effort involved.