On 2013-11-28 17:45, Chris wrote:

I agree with you, you have a point there, and years ago I would have
agreed with you. But users are getting more and more accustomed to a
variety of GUIs (and general GUI logic). I used to work a lot with SWT
and Cocoa and I know that unless you use the native toolkit in a native
environment (say Cocoa and Xcode on OS X), you will never get the full
experience. There are always things you cannot get with bindings. And
what about the cool feature X on the Mac that is not available on
Windows or Linux? In a way it's always a lowest common denominator thing
with bindings.

See one of my other posts:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ewhdymbhzjmmuxvbs...@forum.dlang.org?page=2#post-l7878f:24qt5:241:40digitalmars.com

People are also starting to use GTK based stuff on Windows and Mac,
which offers a different user experience. Still people cope with it.

I hate that. It's so far from the native toolkit.

--
/Jacob Carlborg