On Saturday, 30 November 2013 at 15:22:13 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
Seeing how much we raised for DConf last year through kickstarter, I wonder if it might be possible to use kickstarter to raise funds for
hiring a team of developers to work full-time on D?

Even as a student, I'd be happy to throw money at D, if someone could give me a good reason to. I really want to see D succeed. I'm just not rich enough to be putting $20 bounties up on (multiple) individual bugs.

I like the idea of a Kickstarter, if it could be done effectively. It would need some planning out.